The Game Changer
My sister was recently at Space.NK.apothecary and was given a few samples of Triple Action Advanced Eye Cream and Z Firm Lifting Face and Neck Cream from the Zelens skincare line developed by Dr Marko Lens. She isn't nuts over skincare and like a good little sister quickly passed these samples along to someone who would appreciate them- moi!
I was so impressed with the Z Firm (it made my skin glow) and the eye cream (I loved the texture) that I had to try their other products. I did some research on Zelens to learn more about the ingredients and to see what I would discover.
"Dr Lens uses potent plant-derived ingredients in addition to novel biotechnological active ingredients... Many plant extracts in Zelens formulas are chosen from the traditional Japanese herbal Kampo medicine. All Zelens products contain a unique complex of multiple ingredients that work in synergy to protect, regenerate and repair the skin. Zelens is an eco-responsible skincare line."(taken from zelens.com)
Plant derived, Japanese herbal medicine, regenerate, repair, eco-responsibile– they were saying all of my favorite skincare words!
I quickly got my hands on the Z Matrix Energy and Moisture Infusion (I was so sick of the facial oils breaking me out that I was eager to try a cream gel for a change) and the PHA + Bio Peel Resurfacing Facial Pads (obsessed with facial pads, so easy and effective).
It just takes a swipe...
PHA+Bio Peel Resurfacing Facial Pads:
What they say:
- Gently exfoliates the skin while providing antioxidant protection
- revives skin texture, evens out skin tone, helps reduce appearance of wrinkles and large pores
- Suitable for all skin types
- The directions say to use daily. DO NOT! The first several times I used these pads the change in my skin was amazing! It was so amazing in fact that I went against my gut and years of research about over exfoliating that after the 5th day of using it daily my skin began to look oily, dull and red– not bright, dewy and even like in the first few days.
- If you have sensitive skin, I would be cautious. The only thing that I don't love about this products is that one of it's main ingredient is Alcohol Denat (not the good kind). There is a strong Alcohol smell and feel on the skin. This may not be ideal for people who don't like Alcohol in their skincare products or for those of you who have sensitive skin.
- Bottom line: This really works. Several of the dark spots on my face have disappeared and with moderation these facial pads are really effective.
Your tired skin is showing...
Z Matrix Energy and Moisture Infusion:
What they say:
- Cream gel provides instant moisture and intensively revives skin
- Visibly boosts vitality and leaves skin refreshed, smooth and radiant
- Enhances the appearance of healthy and vibrant skin
- I love the rich texture of this product, but it doesn't leave your skin greasy
- The smell is wonderfully subtle- like rose petals
- leaves my skin hydrated and fresh without those pesky white heads that facial oils give me
- It really feels like the cream gel is locking in the moisture and I love using this after a great serum
- My skin wasn't transformed like after using the Z Firm Lifting Face and Neck Cream
- Bottom Line: this particular cream wasn't life changing (though I still really like it). However, so many of the Zelens products I've tried have been really effective that I believe in their ingredients and have faith in their technology.