Asian Hair Envy
Growing up, my sister and I always had strangers wanting to touch our hair- weird right? They would comment on how silky and straight it was and how they wished they had hair like ours. I, on the other hand, envied the wavy, beachy look of my friends and in typical "grass is always greener" fashion, went off and got a perm. Ok, I've gotten four. Yes, in attempt to acquire that effortless chic, "so French" and tousled style, I had transformed my once envied silky straight hair into what I would now describe as fine, limp and lifeless (you can even add greasy to that list on really bad days).
Don't perm your hair people- just don't do it.
I have finally come to embrace that old adage, "If you can't beat'em, join'em." What better way to...well, RE-join, the envied ranks of Asian Hair gals then to use Asian Shampoo. I've heard amazing reviews on Shiseido Tsubaki Shampoos and knew it would be the perfect way to get me back on the road to Asian Hair recovery.
- Focuses on creating a healthy scalp for healthy hair
- Deep cleanses and rejuvenates
- 21 kinds of essential oils: Marigold, Rose, Cinnamon, Geranium, Mango, Honey, Olibanum, Litchi, Patchouli, Tangerine, Orange flower, Muguet, Laurel leaf, Cognac oil, Vetiver, Musk, Cedar wood, Sandalwood, Jasmine, Bergamot, Vanilla
- Really cleans your scalp and removes any extra sebum
- Left my hair clean and shiny for two days without washing it
- My hair was not greasy for two days. This is amazing since it contains so many natural oils to help nourish your hair. My scalp is more PH balanced and therefore not over-producing oil.
- Smell is a bit intense, too perfumey for my liking
- Conditioner: an amazing, emollient texture. Even though it felt like really high quality body oil (almost like warmed up Goe Oil) it did NOT make my hair greasy! Magic, seriously.